What Does It Take?
Foster families don’t all look the same – you can be married or single, live in a city, suburb, or small town. You can already have children, or not. What our diverse and amazing families share is a desire to provide care and stability to children who need a safe and loving home. We ask that you:
- Open your heart and share your home
- Be able to provide love, support, and a safe place for a child to grow and thrive
- Support youth as you would your own children while appreciating they may have their own family who they hope to return to
- Be prepared to navigate some uncertainty
Why Foster With HopeWell?
- We are the largest nonprofit provider of Comprehensive Foster Care in the Commonwealth and help hundreds of foster parents open their homes and grow their families every year
- We are empathetic and understand the unique needs of children experiencing the foster care system
- We provide regular in-person and online training, weekly foster parent meetings, and support from our network of foster parent mentors and our Foster Parent Advisory Committee
- We are responsive, proactive, and provide 24/7 on-call emergency support
- We host ongoing activities for foster parents and youth – sometimes together, sometimes just for you
- We provide financial support for children’s extracurricular activities, lessons, and interests they may want to pursue
- We offer sign-on and referral bonuses, plus gift cards for foster parents twice a year
- We celebrate your commitment to supporting young people experiencing foster care and are responsive to your needs